Stafford Associates, Dr. Eugene F. Stafford Building, is a Data Center and Office Building located at 21 Bennetts Road in Setauket, Long Island, New York. The facility received a LEED Gold certification.
LEED elements incorporated into the building include but are not limited to:
• Rainwater collection for site irrigation – lowers the buildings demand for potable water
• 20% + of the site left as open space – help maintain habitat for the natural ecosystem
• Implementation of Construction Waste Management Plan –encourages the reuse & recycling of Construction waste & keeps useable material from the landfill
• Tighter building envelope and innovative building systems –approximate 30% less energy use and carbon footprint thantypical building construction
• Recycled content in building materials – reduces the need for virgin materials and associatedenvironmental costs
• Local/regional building materials – supports localeconomy while minimizing the impact of transporting materials to the site
The building itself is 30,000 sq. ft. and has many residential qualities to give clients, tenants, and employees the sense that they are working with a family-owned business. The building, adorned with rich earth tones and natural materials, like the black marble steps with orange veins, mahogany, deep brown accented carpets, and natural wall coverings. Craftsmanship and high technology are infused throughout the building from the handcrafted railings in the atrium to the Tier 3 Data Center that boasts concurrently maintainable site infrastructure, guaranteeing 99.982% availability.