Performs accounting functions for assigned development(s) working under the direction of the Assistant Controller and has a strong reporting relationship to TRITEC Development Group. The position is oriented to providing service and financial reporting for numerous real estate development projects and support to the Accounting Department’s internal and external clients, including investors, vendors, consultants, and banks.
· Maintain the development entities’ books and records in accordance with GAAP, the company’s policies and procedures and Joint Venture Agreement requirements.
· Ensure compliance with the company’s internal controls and segregation of duties.
· Prepare the monthly development fee calculation for review and approval by the relevant developer.
· Prepare bank reconciliations for all bank accounts for review and approval by Corporate Controller.
· Ensure proper and timely recording of reconciling items, as necessary.
· Prepare monthly entries as required for proper financial statement presentation.
· Track partner capital accounts and accrued preferred returns in accordance with Joint Venture Agreement provisions.
· Maintain multiple general ledgers and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and work papers for numerous entities on GAAP, Tax and Cash basis.
· Prepare monthly accrual basis financial statements, including supporting reconciliations.
· Prepare monthly Budget vs. Actual report for approval by the relevant developer.
· Compile and distribute monthly Partner Reporting package, including supplemental information as required by each partner.
· Track compliance reporting requirements for IDAs, lenders, and partners and ensure reporting requirements are met.
· Assist in the coordination of annual audits and tax returns for multiple development entities, as well as special projects and financial analysis.
· May direct the work of Staff Accountants and/or Accounting Assistant.
· The Sr. Accountant will assume any additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Demonstrates sound and accurate judgment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, to analyze, and interpret technical procedures, legal agreements, government regulations or documents with a similar degree of complexity. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Demonstrated ability to identify and raise issues and propose solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to conclusion.
· Ability to identify and respond to changing and sometimes ambiguous situations.
· Proven initiative in analyzing financial activity and suggesting corrective actions and alternatives.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
· Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in Public Accounting. Experience with a national accounting firm and/or commercial real estate firm is highly desirable.
· Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university in accounting or related field required.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA) active designation is required.
We offer a competitive wage, complete benefits package, including 401(k) with company match, medical, dental and vision plans. NO RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. M/F/D/V
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this.
Job Type: Full-time
Hand sanitizers provided to each employee, masks, gloves and hygiene stations.