This position serves as a Facilities Engineer, performing typical maintenance tasks in several fields, including, but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, building construction, HVAC and preventive maintenance. This position requires the following skills for multi-building partnerships: installations, repairs, and maintenance; is required to perform required preventive maintenance, and repairs on defective equipment or other items. In most cases, will be assigned daily work orders that must be completed in a timely and professional manner-ensuring conformance with established methods, policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following skills: carpentry, masonry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting and minor repairs.
- Responsible to perform preventive maintenance of facility equipment and infrastructure.
- Remain in compliance with all OSHA, Federal and municipal regulations.
- Respond to all service-related issues.
- Control operations for the standardization and accepted practices of all subcontractors in SBTC and other locations.
- Respond to and assist Director of Property Management and other staff as needed.
- Carry a pager as scheduled to respond to 24/7 after hours emergencies.
- Maintain records and work order information.
- Requisition and / or purchase supplies, materials, and tools.
- Inspect building (interior & exterior) in order to determine maintenance needs by visual observations, and other test devices.
- Study Blueprints; interpret drawings, sketches, and O & M manuals.
- Maintain a variety of tools, equipment, and other maintenance supplies all in good working order and properly labeled.
- Ability to work alone while using considerable judgment while performing and planning one’s tasks.
- Can be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have valid NY State Driver’s License – without any infractions and must maintain valid NY State Driver’s License without any infractions.
- Facilities Training
- Continuing Educational Course Work
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience and responsibility in the maintenance field.
- Must have degree of Computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook. Ability to learn new software systems.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude and a working knowledge of electrical and most mechanical systems.
- Multi Tasks. Able to handle multiple projects.
- Must be able to work under pressure and in all emergency situations.
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
- Excellent communication, report writing and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a logical, clean, and organized manner.
- Maintenance/ Construction background experience.
We offer a competitive wage, complete benefits package, including 401(k) with company match, medical, dental and vision plans. * Travel necessary to other managed facilities* NO RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE. Email, mail or fax resume and cover letter. TRITEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. M/F/D/V
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the TRITEC directly to request this.
Job Type: Full-time