Work with the Preconstruction Executive & Estimating Department in all aspects of Architectural engineering & subcontractor scope coordination, bid preparation specializing in site civil design, including plan coordination and distribution, drawing reproduction (in house & outsourcing) subcontractor contact, receiving subcontractor quotes, evaluation of scope, vendor research / pricing and bid delivery. Track and maintain bids in progress and subcontractors bid performance. Prepare digital terrain, demolition, and site improvement models, including temporary earthwork conditions. Creation of earthwork, demolition, improvement, and material take-off reports. Provide detailed quantity survey of specific trades and input information into company software. Provide detailed unit prices for quantities of work and review prices within-house Architect.
Spearhead the Preconstruction Department in the preparation of presentation materials, ongoing Preconstruction projects.
Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products and design software.
Obtain architectural, site materials quantities for building components.
Use computer skills (AGTEK Earthwork, Civil 3D, On-Screen Take-off, Microsoft Excel and Word, Construction Management Procore Software, Planswift & Autocad) for accurate quantity output.
Use knowledge of Site Civil design and Geotechnical Engineering, Preconstruction Methodology, Bidding & Estimating process and Construction process, development process and Entitlements to support the design and development of drawing
- Coordinate site civil scope with Preconstruction Executive, site civil and geotechnical engineers. Utilize Civil 3D software to coordinate design parameters with civil engineers.
- utilize Civil3D and AGTEK Earthwork software for earthwork quantity take-offs for estimating.
- Utilize the “Procore” program.
- Utilize On-Screen Takeoff and Autodesk Build software to quantity take-offs for estimating, bids, etc., produced by assistant estimators.
- Conceptual estimating and utilizing “Timberline Models Estimating” program.
- Distribute plans and specifications to subcontractors
- Drawing reproduction both in house and outsourcing
- Support Senior Estimator in updating database of historical data relative to material and labor costs for each trade.
- Collect subcontractor quotes prior to the due date designated.
- Coordinate walk-through with Estimators and subcontractors.
- Vendor research and pricing of specialty bid items
- Work closely with Estimators in all aspects of preparing bids
- Prepare Bid forms – cover letters, bid breakdowns, etc.
- Encourage subcontractor’s interest in bidding.
- Organize PM / Purchasing Package with Estimator: Final Estimate to have complete book inclusive of Subcontract / Vendor quotes, Detailed Scope of Work (ready to award), Qualifications and detailed assumptions.
- Coordinate scope of site civil design and engineering with Preconstruction Executive and engineers.
- Set and attend Owner / Architect meetings as required by Preconstruction Executive.
- Support Preconstruction Executive in obtain proposals from Architects and Engineers for Design / Build projects.
- Coordinate deliverables required to Client.
- Responsible for generating AIA Contract Documents
- prepare the information regarding the design, structural specifications estimated construction time.
Bachelor’s Degree is required in Civil Engineering or Architecture