This position is responsible for the coordination of administrative activities to ensure the timely flow of information to and from the TRITEC South offices located in Sterling, VA, and Bethesda, MD. Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature; independently manages multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines; screens and prioritizes communications and inquiries from external and internal sources, and must function efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced professional environment. In addition, s/he is responsible for coordinating meetings and must be able to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as external consultants and Board members. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for generally raising the productivity of the assigned executives by efficiently completing administrative assignments in a timely, organized and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
The following have been determined to be the minimum requirements of this position:
- Provides administrative support and project-related assistance for assigned Executives staff as needed.
- Acts as the representative to external constituents by receiving and screening office visitors; answers all incoming calls; takes messages, fields all routine and non-routine inquiries. This may include interaction with media representatives, government agencies, community groups, etc., and must be handled in a professional manner.
- Calendar management for Executives; schedules and organizes meetings, both internal and external, to include preparing any meeting materials, booking conference room and/or meeting space and coordination and set up/break down of any catering and/or beverages.
- Schedules and organizes travel arrangements for Executives and Staff, including booking flights, hotel accommodations, car rentals, etc.
- Responsible for receiving, sorting and distributing mail to all appropriate parties and/or departments.
- Maintain inventory of all office and kitchen supplies, including ink/toner needed for office printers and copiers.
- Maintains the filing system, both electronic and physical, being sure to adhere to the SOP for Development Files. Retrieves information from files when needed.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, etc., in a neat, professional manner being sure to check for accurate grammar and punctuation.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other members of operating companies and outside Counsel and/or Consultants to complete project assignments.
Other duties as assigned.
Must have two years of secretarial or office AA or AS degree with three years administrative experience, or high school diploma or GED supplemented with course work in typing, business machines and personal computer operations and six years secretarial/administrative experience.
- Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through three-plus years related experience.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Organizational and prioritization skills are core elements needed to keep accurate records and find information quickly.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must be highly motivated and have the ability to handle multiple projects/assignments concurrently and be very proactive and results oriented.
- Must have Notary Public license or obtain within three months of employment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills needed to interact clearly with consultants, project executives, vendors and other employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- This job operates in a professional modern office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The employee is required to work at a personal computer for extended periods of time as well as talking on the phone for extended periods of time.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.